We are on Fall Break, and it should feel like a break, but there are things you can do to help reinforce the learning that has happened so far this year. Here are a few ideas:
Traveling? In the Car:
- Listen and sing along with your "Red Balloons" CD.
- Practice audiation by singing different familiar songs and having them leave out a line (we will sing "B-I-N-G-O-" next semester. It is a great example of audiation and rhythm practice!)
- As you listen to any music, see if you and your kids can find any "mi-re-do's" or "so-so-do's" in the songs. You could turn it into a game.
- Name that tune. Pick their favorite songs (from LPM or anywhere) and see how many notes they need to identify the song.
- Go on a lion hunt! Keep the rhythm and say the rhyme. Let them change up the words. "Going on a snake hunt?" "Got my lunch!" etc.
- Make sure they have access to their bells and can practice the activities we have done in class.
- The students love games like "frog in the middle," and "a hunting we will go". You can play these as a family, or with friends. Remind them to sing as they play and help them remember the mi-re-do or so-so-do patterns.
- Take this chance to review any homework assignments that were challenging for your student. Especially helping them to recognize if a note/balloon is on a line or a space.
- Any of the traveling tips could be done at home as well!
We'll see you back in class on the 20th!